FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FORD NASCAR AND NHRA PERSONALITIES FEATURED IN NEW ONLINE “I’m driving one” – 2010 Taurus CAMPAIGN
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 20, 2009 – This time, they’re talking Taurus.
Last fall, Ford Racing’s top personalities in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series gave race fans access to their behind the scenes thoughts, videos and photos as they test drove a variety of Ford’s 2009 product lineup.
They’re back once again, but this time they’ll be showing off the new 2010 Taurus and Taurus SHO as Ford officially kicks off “I’m Driving One,” an online national sweepstakes where one lucky winner will take home Ford’s latest all-new Taurus in December.
The online campaign officially launches today at www.imdrivingone.com, as well as a variety of Ford, driver and team websites.
“We continue to look for unique ways to utilize our personalities and racing programs to support the company’s primary goal of selling cars and trucks,” said Brian Wolfe, director, Ford North America Motorsports. “Last fall, the first ‘I’m Driving One’ campaign proved to be a big hit, both with consumers, and with our drivers, so we decided to bring it back this year for the launch of the all-new Taurus. I think race fans are going to have fun while learning more about Ford’s new flagship.”
The new “I’m Driving One” campaign will feature unique videos, written blogs and photographs of each of the personalities as they use the new Taurus in their daily lives.
Each week, a different driver or personality will be featured, starting with Ford NASCAR star Carl Edwards, who gives the Taurus a test drive in his hometown of Columbia, Mo. Edwards will be joined by other Ford NASCAR stars, including Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth, Jack Roush, Jamie McMurray, David Ragan, Bobby Labonte, Paul Menard and Bill Elliott.
From the Ford NHRA program, reviews and videos will come from John Force, Ashley Force Hood, Bob Tasca III, Robert Hight, Mike Neff and Tim Wilkerson.
In addition to the driver insight into the new Taurus and Taurus SHO, fans will have the opportunity to register to win one-of-a-kind prizes through the three-month sweepstakes, including the grand prize, an all-new Taurus and access to NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series™ Champions Week in Las Vegas in December.
To top it all off, fans have the chance to win a trip for two for a VIP and Insider Racing Experience at the drag racing in Pomona, Calif., in November, and monthly prizes of an autographed Ford Racing helmet.
As part of this program, people can embed the drivers’ blogs, videos and photos on their own personal web pages and blogs. To do so, site visitors can simply click the ‘embed this bubble’ link on each driver’s blog for instructions.
The All-New Taurus
The Ford Taurus – the car that changed America’s view of full-size sedans – is all-new for 2010 and ready to take on the world’s best, with an upscale new design, impeccable driving dynamics, class-leading technologies and an unbeatable price tag.
- Athletic, upscale new 2010 Ford Taurus confidently leads a growing wave of new-car introductions from Ford Motor Company. On sale this summer, this distinctive new vehicle combines class-leading technologies with confident, engaging driving dynamics
- Taurus features an impressive set of standard and available technologies that add convenience, connectivity, safety and value for customers. They include Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning, Intelligent Access with Push Button Start, MyKey™ parental programmability, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with Cross Traffic Alert, Rain-Sensing Wipers, EasyFuel™ capless refueling, Ford SYNC® and Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS® Travel Link™
- The new Taurus is powered by the award-winning 3.5-liter V-6 Duratec engine, mated to one of two available fuel-efficient six-speed automatic transmissions including SelectShift Automatic™ with shift paddles and available all-wheel drive
The 2010 Taurus SHO is one of America’s favorite “sleeper” performance cars, and it returns to the Ford lineup, powered by a Super High Output (SHO) EcoBoost twin turbocharged engine.
- The Taurus SHO returns as the sporty version of Ford’s new flagship introducing a new generation of premium performance and fuel economy with the 3.5-liter EcoBoost™ V-6. This engine delivers V-8 levels of power – with 365 horsepower – without compromising its V-6 fuel economy
- The 2010 Taurus SHO features an enhanced six-speed SelectShift Automatic™ transmission with control paddles mounted on the steering wheel, in combination with a sophisticated torque sensing all-wheel drive system, a sportier SHO interior, subtle exterior design cues and myriad technologies and features offered on Taurus
About Ford North America Motorsports
Ford North America Motorsports, based in Dearborn, Mich., is responsible for major racing operations in North America, including NASCAR (Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series, Camping World Truck), Grand American sports car racing, NHRA drag racing, USAC midget car racing and the Ford Racing Mustang Challenge for the Miller Cup. It also oversees the development and marketing of Ford Racing Engines and Performance Parts, the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts, and the marketing of the Ford Racing brand through initiatives such as Team Ford Racing. For more information regarding Ford Racing’s activities, please visit www.fordracing.com.
Go to http://media.ford.com for news releases and high-resolution photographs.
Courtesy Ford Racing