This past weekend was full of birthday celebrations for Riley Wood. Amanda, his mom, organized a Mickey Mouse birthday party that was held at the shop in Stuart. The party was a blast and perfect for a 2 year olds’ birthday celebration, not overkill but just the right type of party for everyone to spend time with Riley and each other. I am sure many of our readers have toddlers, grandchildren, nieces or nephews that they may plan a party for one day, so I thought it would be interesting to get some pointers on how Amanda planned this perfect celebration. I realize this is not related to racing but I thought it would be fun see how this little monkey boy celebrated his 2nd birthday and give a little advice on how to have a great toddler birthday party!
1. Theme – “Go with what they are into, Riley is a huge Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan so I knew it was something he would enjoy.”
2. Food – “Less is best, just keep it simple and fun, doesn’t need to be fancy. After all, as long as there was “coo” (ketchup), “Chep” (Chips) and “Coooookieee” (Cake, cookies and everything sweet), Riley was completely satisfied. I chose to have “Hot Diggity Dogs”, “Mickey Burgers”, “Donald’s Quackslaw”, “Plu-Ta-To Chips”, “Gooey Goofy Dip” and “Minnie’s Bowtastic Pasta”.”
3. Decorations – “Unless you enjoy crafts, keep it simple because they are basically just for picture purposes.”
4. Guest – “Know your guest, I only invited 3 other children so I didn’t do a lot of games and things, I just kept it simple with lunch, cake and gifts.”
5. Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest! – “Fun, creative, simple, less expensive ideas!”
Riley also had a mini birthday celebration at El Rancho in Stuart, here is a video clip of the celebrations! He prefers dinner with his shirt off and wasn’t to sure about the sombrero .