FORD FAST FACTS – ATLANTA
· The Ford “FR9” engine returns this weekend and will be under the hood of Bill Elliott’s No. 21 Motorcraft Fusion. That will be the only Ford to sport the new engine on Sunday.
· The Wood Brothers are running the “FR9” in every race they attend in 2010.
· There are 13 Ford entered and guaranteed starting spots for Sunday (Roush Fenway (4), Richard Petty Motorsports (4), Front Row Motorsports (3), Latitude 43 Motorsports (1) and Wood Brothers Racing (1).
· The Wood Brothers have won more races at Atlanta Motor Speedway than any other team (12).
· Ford has 30 all-time NSCS wins at Atlanta, which is the third-winningest track on the circuit for the manufacturers. The only two tracks Ford has more wins at are Bristol (33) and Michigan (31).
· The winningest Ford driver at Atlanta is Bill Elliott with five, including sweeps in 1985 and ‘92.
FORD RACING NOTES
Atlanta Motor Speedway